Laravel Development in the UK
Laravel is an amazing leap forward in the PHP world but isn't amazingly well known outside of web developer circles, especially in the UK. For those not familiar with Laravel, it's essentially an MVC framework written in PHP and provides an array of very powerful features allowing web applications to be written and deployed rapidly. If you know Ruby On Rails, Laravel is essentially Ruby on Rails for the PHP community, and it means Laravel developers don't have to learn Ruby to harness the power of Rails, which is great, especially for PHP / Laravel developers!
Laravel offers many features 'baked in' to the framework:
- Intuitive Active Record ORM
- Powerful router with middleware
- Queue system
- Authentication & authorisation
- Database migrations (with excellent model factories and seeding)
- Comprehensive validation system
- Templating / view engine
If that's not enough there are lots of supporting packages:
- Cashier - Subscription billing
- Passport - OAuth2 server implementation
- Envoy - Run tasks on remote servers
- Scout - Harness the power of search services like Algolia
- Socialite - Authentication with Facebook, Twitter, Google
- Mix - Front-end build automation
- Echo - WebSockets made easy
Laravel has a thriving community with a huge range of packages and extensions available that allow development to move at an even quicker pace. The community is growing all the time and this is pushing the development of the eco-system at an impressive rate.
Cowshed Works & Laravel
We've been using Laravel for several years and have built lots of things in Laravel, in fact this website and our Website Platform Helpdesk is built on it. We've prototyped new ideas and have converted old procedural style PHP applications into Laravel. We have all the knowledge and skills to use it to get your project up and running.
Why do we keep mentioning the UK?
The reason for this is that we want to make it crystal clear that when you work with us your Laravel project is developed and maintained entirely in the UK. We aren't a client-facing agency based here with the development team elsewhere, when you work with us we'll be handling the full life-cycle of the project from planning to coding to final deployment and maintenance.